Buffalo Sighting

Buffalo Sighting
Wall Drug

On the job front....

I got a call from the district Tuesday and I have a job!! I will be teaching a 4/5 combo at Hunter Elementary in Fairbanks. I wasn't thrilled about the position, but I am grateful to be working in the fall. I drove by the school yesterday and it looks like it's in the "ghetto" of FBX, but I'm told it's a great school with a good principal. This will be my second time teaching fourth grade and a first time teaching fifth. Luckily I did some math tutoring for 5th grade all last year, so I know a little bit about the curriculum for both grades. I have a friend that did the same split a couple years ago at NPE and I'll be able to use her materials AND expertise. I will have to drive about 20 miles and hope I can car pool with a friend, but that also means getting up earlier as she has to work at 7 and I start at 8....I've gotten used to getting up when I want to! :)

Darren and I are going on our Vegas trip Sunday morning with our neighbors and staying until Friday, so I will have more to post next weekend. Love you all and thanks for visiting my blog!

1 comment:

Jacque said...

Yeah! That will be interesting, but you're used to a split now. I would hate jumping grades like that, but you do a good job.