Buffalo Sighting

Buffalo Sighting
Wall Drug
1.22.11

Today I slept in until 10 and it felt great! I deserved a good night's sleep after three weeks of go, go go!  I started a night class on Wednesday nights, managed to make it to the gym a couple mornings and took Darren in at 5:00 AM so he could make his flght to Sardinia Thursday. Just a short 2 week TDY. I look forward to these little trips because I can get a lot done and my house is always clean! Or at least less messy. I suppose I will miss him a little since we won't get to communicate very much. No computers or wireless, just a phone he will have to pay extra to use. Not sure how I would survive without internet access for two weeks. I have a lot of things to do around here and feel like doing none of them! Except for the blog post, so you had better appreciate it!

I need to rewind a little and tell you about last weekend.  This is Peckforton Castle, turned country home for guests and wedding venues.  We just wanted a little get away and Darren found this place. Pretty amazing.










Our enormous room (even though you can't really tell) and a view of the wedding party from our window.






We crashed their wedding reception only because our little hearts were dead set on going into this amazing wine cellar at night, which just so happened to be where the wedding reception was going down. So we told a little white lie and said we were with the wedding party.



 We even dressed the part!

There were all of 20 people at this reception, including us.  Darren made friends with the bridesmaids-what a flirt! So they let us stay.





There were peacocks roaming the yard, which I haven't seen since I was little.


Outside of our room, middle window pictured below.



We also took a tour of Beeston Castle. I can't believe how well the weather cooperated for us. It was a gorgeous day!

And I can't end without mentioning Chester Cathedral. No city in England is complete without one and this is a beauty!!

No comments: