Buffalo Sighting

Buffalo Sighting
Wall Drug

All Work and No More Play!

8.22.10     Sad....my long, stress-free summer is coming to an end! I'm a little sad that I won't be teaching full-time and setting up my own classroom this year.....ok not that sad...but I feel a little lost.   I'm sure some of you can relate, when you're used to doing something and have a routine and then suddenly it changes and you're like, ok now what do I do? There are a lot of unknowns at the moment, but that's all part of starting something new. I haven't officially received word on when I am to report to work for orientation, but I know teachers go back this Thursday and then the kids next Monday, which is when I officially start! I'm anxious to meet new people and make new friends, hanging out with the boys is getting a little old. Lord knows I need a gal pal to shop and gossip with! haha! I did meet a girl last weekend who is from Wales and is a second grade teacher in Brandon. She invited me (ok, more like I invited myself) to her classroom for a day or two to see how they operate in the British schools. I requested to come in during one of her Victorian themed lessons when they dress up. How fun!  I'm obsessed with British history! I can't wait to start season 2 of The Tudors, but I'm afraid I won't have much time for it. 
Side note, no more being a couch potato for me. Time to start waking up early, pushing play on P90X and eating clean! So far I have done very well and I'm on day 20 of 90. Fingers crossed I am still blogging about sticking with it in a month and will have pictures posted of my new "guns"!!  Time to really Bring It! and work hard!

Speaking of which, who knew golf was so tiring!? Darren and I both were sore after this day. 

RAF Lakenheath Country Club

No comments: