Buffalo Sighting

Buffalo Sighting
Wall Drug

I'm A Working Girl Again!

I interviewed for a kinder aide position on base yesterday. The interview itself lasted for oh, 5 minutes. As soon as I told her I had been teaching for nearly 9 years, her eyes lit up and I knew I had it. (confidence is good, right?) So, needless to say Darren is happy I got a job and I'm happy because I'm not going to bounce around from classroom to classroom as a substitute. I get to pull kids to do mini lessons and testing as well as recess and lunch duty, yuck. But my foot is officially in the door and I hope this will lead to a full time teaching position. This is a school with over 700 students, just in K-3. The biggest elementary school I have ever worked in! At least one of the 60 teachers is bound to leave. :)

Congrats to my student teacher, Stephanie who got the
Academic Intervention Aide position at Hunter. I'm so proud!


Thinking of all my Alaskan teacher friends and how much
I will miss working with everyone this year.
Yes, even these two!


Have a great first week back and a successful year, everyone!!

No comments: