Buffalo Sighting

Buffalo Sighting
Wall Drug

9.11.10

Many of you remember where you were on this day nine years ago, and I remember exactly where I was. I was in the middle of my student teaching experience at Pope AFB Elementary, North Carolina. Parents were frantically picking up their first graders from lunch when I heard the horrifying news from a co-worker.  "There was a terrorist attack in New York City". We watched as the twin towers stood smoking, it still gives me chills today. Needless to say, military life for us changed dramatically. Darren deployed at the start of Operation Iraqi Freedom in the spring of 2003 and was part of the first air force group to set foot in Iraq when the war started. I just looked through the scrapbook I put together during that time and found this picture. It makes me very proud to know he is still one of many enlisted men and women serving our country.  When he's home I try not to take our time together for granted because I know there are many wives out there who aren't so lucky!
  God Bless the USA!





Happy birthday to Evan today!

No comments: