Buffalo Sighting

Buffalo Sighting
Wall Drug

Sunday Roast

3.14.11

 Yesterday Darren and I enjoyed this.....
 A proper Sunday Roast! Complete with roasted pork, roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, (similar to our dinner rolls, but greasier), fresh vegetables (broccoli, carrots, parsnips) and stuffing.  Another reason why I love England! Thank goodness for new British friends who know how to cook.
It felt just like Thanksgiving, however I'm not sure that I could partake in this every Sunday like they do here.  Mayyybe I could if the portion size that was on my plate was cut in half! And I almost ate it all. Of course I had to save room for dessert! A delicious apple pie with ice cream. Jo and Andrew (our new British/Welsh friends) had never heard it called pie ala mode- rubbish! Darren even questioned what it was and he's from the STATES! Sigh.
We then laid on the couch and watched football and rugby for the remainder of the afternoon. Darren lost both of the bets he placed.  Double Sigh.

No comments: