Buffalo Sighting

Buffalo Sighting
Wall Drug

Winter Solstice

21 December 2013
Mr. and Mrs. Weatherford-still getting used to that one!
Happy Winter Solstice from England where the sun set at 3:46 PM.  It's dark and dreary, a little rainy, but not at all cold. I've had the windows open because Darren cranked the heat up last night! We stocked the fridge in preparation for our good friends, Ross and Lindsey, whom we introduced 5 years ago in Alaska. And as the saying goes- the rest is history. The newlyweds fly in on Monday morning and we plan to stay a couple nights in London and then drive back Christmas day to make dinner and entertain  several of our friends.
Time to pack an over night bag, which should be pretty easy since I'm a pro at packing for an overnight-and not just for me-for my son and hubby too. I always keep a small make-up bag ready to go with my essentials. When it comes to clothes, I grab some sweats and a t for sleep and lounging, 2 tops and a tank and a couple pairs of jeans. I try to use the same color scheme so I only need to wear one pair of shoes. Right now my go to boots are my brown Bare Traps with an sole insert. Lame yes, but necessary since I'm a teacher on her toes all days and because the five of us we will be hoofin' it around London. (Well, maybe just the four of us. Bradyn will be loungin' like royalty in his stroller!) My boots are cuter than this picture shows, trust me. I snagged them up for $50 at the BXtra.  My other fave boots are my Nine West Motos  (pictured). Oh, and I have these beauties arriving any day now from AEO. Thanks for the early Christmas prezzie, Mom and Dad! I'm excited to take some updated pics with my girl and always look forward to having Lindsey around because she likes to do my hair-something I never have time for anymore. Sigh. Plus it always looks better when someone else does it. Stay tuned for pics!

No comments: