Buffalo Sighting

Buffalo Sighting
Wall Drug

Goodbye September!

10.01.11

Looks like I completely neglected the month of September.  I guess 5 weeks of non-stop working (weekends included) and trying to stay busy while the hubby is gone will do that.  I've managed to be very productive at home and at school. One day I hope to feel as if I am ahead of the game. Not such an easy task for a teacher. Who am I kidding, it's impossible!! This year's class has a lot of interesting dynamics. They keep me on my toes! I never know from one day to the next how the day will go.  The good news is they have supportive parents and a firm, but understanding teacher to keep them going.

In other news, England has been extremely HOT! Not such a good thing for me lately. :D I can't stand anything on my feet and walk around the classroom with no shoes, which isn't setting such a good example. Hot feet=grumpy teacher.

Darren is unfortunately still in Idaho.  As long as there are jets to work on, he stays.  I always hope they are going to be back when they say. Darren always expects the worst so as to not get his hopes up. So I'm learning-expect the worst, hope for the best. The good news is that he will get a couple days off once he returns, then one day of work to turn in gear and do paperwork, and two weeks off. If he gets home by next Friday, then we plan on getting in the Porsche and seeing where she takes us. We have a  three day weekend for Columbus Day. No set plans, but Darren would like to see Scotland. It's a long trip in such a tiny car, but oh so exciting!

Darren doesn't read this blog (knock on wood) but I think I will try to get his car detailed before he gets back. It's looking pretty sad and dusty in the garage.  Plus he bought me some nice gifts back from Korea, so I owe him. A Rolex, or should I say Folex, gold watch and a Burberry London tote. Perfect for weekend getaways.

No comments: